The national examination council (NECO) results have been released, and students may check them at their leisure on the results checking portal result.neco.gov.ng. This tutorial will walk you through navigating the portal and how to verify your NECO results in 2022.
To check the NECO result, you must have your NECO registration number and token.
If you don’t already have a NECO token to verify your results, I’ll show you how to get one online. The NECO result token is worth roughly 700 nairas.
Candidates who took the June/July or November/December NECO tests may now check their results since they are now available on the web. Checking results will necessitate the purchase of an electronic token, which may also be obtained on the NECO website, as stated in the following sections.
Requirements to Check NECO Result
Here’s all you’ll need to check your NECO result online:
- Exam year
- Exam type
- Registration number
NECO Result Checking Token
You’ll need to use a token to check your NECO result in 2022.
Follow these procedures to obtain the permit:
- To get started, go to www.neco.gov.ng/register or straight to result.neco.gov.ng/register on the NECO website.
- Login if you already have an account to get started.
- After you’ve logged in, you may buy the token online using any available payment methods.
- There is a limit of one token per candidate; however, it may be shared with the candidate’s parents, schools, groups, or anyone who wants to see the candidate’s results.
How To Check NECO Result Online
The following is a step-by-step guide on how to check your NECO result online:
How do I check my NECO result on the internet?
- Using your phone’s browser, go to the NECO result portal. To access the NECO result portal, click on https://result.neco.gov.ng/.
- Select your exam year. The year you took the NECO test is known as the exam year.
- Select the exam type. Select your test type from the drop-down box, such as SSCE Internal (JUN/JUL).
- Enter your NECO token. Enter the numbers from your NECO token here.
- Enter your NECO registration number. Input your NECO registration number correctly. Select your exam year from the drop-down option.
- Click on Check Result. To check your NECO result, click the green button.
How To Check NECO Result Using Token
The following is the procedure for checking your NECO result online using a token:
- On your phone’s browser, go to the NECO result token page.
- Fill up your complete name.
- Type your correct phone number
- Enter your email address.
- Enter your password.
- Enter your password again.
- Register by clicking the register button.
- In the email that was sent to you, select verify.
- Go to your NECO token page and log in.
- Select “buy token” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the number of tokens, for example, 1, in the box below.
- Pay now by clicking the button.
- Select the box that says, “I’ve double-checked the above information.”
- To pay, click the Pay Now button.
- On the Remitta payment page, click Submit.
- To acquire your NECO token, choose a payment method.
According to reports, 1,233,631 candidates enrolled for the NECO SSCE in June/July 2021, with 1,226,631 taking the test. According to the results, 945,853 applicants received five or more credits, including English Language and Mathematics, whereas 1,094,291 candidates received five or more credits regardless of English Language and Mathematics. Although the aggregate performances may be described as ‘excellent,’ they are down slightly from last year’s (2020) results.
These figures are projected to rise in the coming years as the country’s population grows.